Excited is a understatement!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzon

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guy's,

Just ordered a brand new 8s traxxas xmaxx in orange. I'm really looking forward to getting it!!! As this is my first traxxas, is there anything I should do with the truck etc before its first run.

Also would love to see any owners give me a short description of what they think about their xmaxx??

Pics appreciated

i would say first thing would be to go through all the screws and make sure they are tight, especially in the drivetrain. not exactly specific to to traxxas or the x-maxx but id inspect and verify the diffs are shimmed correctly for slop tolerances. i dont own an X-maxx so i dont really know anything specific to the platform.
definitely post pics when it comes in!

Be sure to post pictures once you get your new Traxxas X-Maxx!

There are lots of upgrades out there, but most result in issues or needing other upgrades. After all was said and done I wish mine had remined factory stock. Lighter is always best and nothing is lighter than the original plastic parts. (the xmaxx is already pretty hefty)

The factory tires are probably the best thing to run, they are 3x lighter than aftermarket tires and do great until you try to break 55mph where they begin to balloon excessively. The factory tires also have some good cushion for doing jumps versus stiffer tires like the prolines.

If you don't already have them pick up some good MIP hex wrenches.

This was mine with the T-bone wheelie bar and full skid plate set, HobbyWing Max5 esc, leopard 58 series motor, and proline tires.

Back