Everything involved with adding reverse.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jer_ry

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was thinking about adding reverse to my brand new savage x 4.6 and was wondering what all was involved and if there is any negatives involved. I saw at Tower that they have the reverse module and mixer for savage X will this be all i will need? There are also a few gear set reverse modules, gear lever and shift plates. Not sure if that is all needed. Does this cause any bad wear on the diffs/tranny?

Last edited:
i never had a problem with my reverse but i always used a 3 channel radio so i never used the mixer.

you will need the reverse module and a servo. it doesn't have to be a high end servo, just a servo

Thanks. So the reverse module and the mixer that comes with it and a servo is all i need? I only have the 2-channel radio that came stock this will still work? Sorry just a little new to this whole thing.

the mixer will allow you to use the 2 channel remote with reverse, you just hold brakes for like 3 seconds and it switches to reverse.

that should be all you need. but you will have to remove the trans and take it apart as the module goes inside the trans case.

Back