even more rs4 problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyderpact

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
well I've finaly got more problems! and I'm ready to fight them :boxing: ..... after a few questions

1. My car dies after about half a tank

2. engine (I think the engine) over heats because I see smoke come out of the exhaust header or the heat head (I think)

3.when i prime it seems like theres no presure I press the primer on my tank and I see fuel go up but it suddenly goes back down I have to press it alot more times than ussal (I'm gonna try cleaning with water and blowing through it)

4. is it normal for the gas you use to smell different when its burned than ussial?

thank you! sorry for beaing a real :llama: lol

I'm not sure about questions 1,2,or 4 but i know for 3 you wanna take the fuel line that goes from the top of the gas tank to the pipe, take the end of thats on the pipe, wipe it off with a shirt or somthing,and blow into it for about 2 seconds. watch the line and make sure you dont blow too long or you will flood it.
vince

Actually, 1, 2 and 3 could all go together. In general it sounds like your engine is running too lean. When the tank starts to empty, the fuel system just naturally leans itself. So at about 1/2 tank, you're losing useful fuel. Thus, the engine dies (#1). Also, running really lean makes your engine run really hot (#2) which is bad. Now, for #3, sounds to me like your primer is leaking. That is a known problem with pump primers. You say that you pump it and fuel moves but then goes back in the tank. Sounds like an air leak, most likely at the primer. This airleak can affect fuel flow. Again, potentially causing a lean (#1) and overheating (#2) condition.

As for #4, did you add anything to your fuel? Different fuels may smell slightly different, but it shouldn't be anything to odd..

thanks ill check my tank I'm tooooo cold right now!

Back