ESC Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raf2go

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I have hpi wr8 flux ken block edition rc car...
Looks like my ESC is getting to it's end.. (((

Original cost around 70-80 pounds..

Wondering what can be alternative ?? On aliexpress + other similar website there are many from 10-40 pounds range...

Can anybody assist me with the best choice? Cheap + working ...

Cheers, guys.

there are a few things in this Hobby that matter when it comes to price.. so are you going to run 3 cells? (or just 2 cells?.) you will have to investigate if any of the esc your looking at have rpm limits..and a non sensored esc correct?the deans battery plugs will be ok the can handle 75 amps(switched mine over to what I think is a way better plug the XT90) I did a quick search and there are a few that will work.. so how hard of a basher or racer are you?...also can you please put in a little more info into your profile.like location and driving style all that will help others answer your questions much easier I think...

Great,

i am using 2s lipo battery DEANS plug. +i will not be using 3s battery at all as it is slightly powerful and makes my rc car uncontrollable, so will stick to 2s which is more than enough for me. I am sitting in the middle, sometimes bashing sometimes just drifting around the corners... so want to find optimal ESC.

Hello,

I have hpi wr8 flux ken block edition rc car...
Looks like my ESC is getting to it's end.. (((

Original cost around 70-80 pounds..

Wondering what can be alternative ?? On aliexpress + other similar website there are many from 10-40 pounds range...

Can anybody assist me with the best choice? Cheap + working ...

Cheers, guys.

HobbyWing 80-120A. Waterproof, very durable, easy to set and operate. I'm not sure, and dont have the manual for mine anymore, what amps the VAPOR ESC was, but, when i changed mine before i sold the car, i just went with an 80A HobbyWing.

Back