Error Message

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
When I booted up this evening I noticed that I received an error that said something along the lines of "unknown exception C0000000005 at 100016b8" While I am not 100% sure of the exact wording of the error message the person I talked to from Dell just had me sweep the problem under the rug by first asking my to disable error messages. I deducted that he was just trying to make my think the problem was solved by the fact that I no longer saw an error message anymore. Then after telling him this was not fixing the problem he told me to go to msconfig and deselect all in the startup option and thus no more error message, nothing that was supposed to start (IE: firewall) would start only windows would start. I refered to this as sweeping the problem under the rug again and was directed into the second level.

On the second level I found that if I wanted to get my problem solved I would need to purchase additional coverage to the existing Dell coverage I already bought with my computer.

After deciding they were blowing smoke up my 4th point of contact I ran a quick search on the internet for the error message I had received. I came up with a limited number of search results and none of them were from anything like microsoft which leads me to think it could be possible that this error was a trojan horse type thing where it told me to delete or uninstall some vital component to my computer that would leave me with a body part in my hand like a limp noodle.

Anyway does anyone know anything about this error and what I can do to fix this problem and restore my computer back to how it was before the error message, I already did the stock XP system restore and this did not work. I did notice a few programs in the add/remove list that seemed like something I have never seen before but it could be I never noticed them before.

Anyone????

well go back in to msconfig renable what you unchecked. Do you have antivirus software? Is it up to date as of today? I don't think its a virus or a Trojan .. Look at whats in the msconfig. Does anything look funny to you? X

Let me add I did download a ton of stuff this weekend from Kaaza, however I did run norton and updated it before I did and nothing was found.

kazaa could have done it.. you gotta be careful what you download.. Music is mainly safe but games, photos, vids and softwart from that thing is trash.:batman:

I safely removed Kaaza from my computer and a ton of programs from my computer were uninstalled, manually. I called up one of my computer guru buddies and we went thtough step by step uninstalling programs that really shouldn't be there. I rebooted and everything is working fine, mail, IE, media player, etc....

more than likely it was some of the spy or addware that kazza installed.. I run kazza lite it is free of all that nonsense and have never has an issue. Just be carful what you download.. More than likley your Firewall or something was killing some of the spyware or it didnt' install properly and couldn't run correctly on boot...X

One more thing about Kazaa is that it eats up your memory the longer its on your computer.. If you have it for a long time and then delete it you will noitce a extreme change in the computers preformance... I delete and re install Kazaa every month.... it keeps my computer working good.:doc:

Restarting your pc takes everything out of the virtual memory. So its not hogging ram or system resources. Especially if he is running something built on the NT kernal which I am willing to bet since its underwarranty with dell. So everytime he closes kazza its is not hoging resources anymore. Also when you start a dl it creates a file for that download that it adds to. Once the file is complete thats it. The only other file that it modifys everytime you open and close it the .dat file thats it.. There is no benefit in unistalling Kazza monthly other than in your mind....X

how much u wanna bet? For my computer it begins to work Much better when its gone. theres this folder called "system Check" the system worked better. Thats all i havto say about that... the stats on my computer show...

how much is your sallary monthly working in the computer industry? X

i used to get those error messages just like that. it wasent a virus but when i build my own new computer it went away :

AMD Duron 2.1Ghz
256mb, 2200 ddr
dvd-rom(32x)
48x32x52 CD-RW
AND MY FAVORITE PART 160 gb 10 000rpm SCSI HDD

Soon to be a TeraByte Hard drive!!!
;) :thumbsup: :bling: :yes: :yes: :hehe:

Why did you use a scsi HD with a duron processor? What controler are you running? X

El, it sounds like Kazaa installed it's usual package of ads, spyware and junk. One of the piggy back programs from kazaa (or one of those weird things you uninstalled with your computer buddies) was causing the error.

http://www.kazaalite.com Kazaa lite has all the adware removed from it and it works great. I use it personally for mp3s.

glad you got it fixed. ;)

No thanks for the kaaza lite. I'll stay away from programs like that for the time being until I feel withdrawls from not being able to download music from the internet, it's not like 99% of the people who made my music are likely to do so soon since most of it came out in the 60s, 70s and the 80s.

Back