Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustlergirl1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
can anyone tell me what is the best lipo battery for the e-revo? I wanted to use an 11.1, but they say 7.4 8000 mah is better

If you look under "General Electric Talk" here or log onto the Traxxas Web site and look under the "Message Boad" you will find topics dedicated to E-Revos. I'm sure you would probably get the best answer there..

thank u, wut lipo batteries...eva heard of the common sense brand, ne good?

I use a pair of 2S 8000HV's in my EREVO from Maxamps.

You can fit a pair of 3S packs, but you will have to drop down in capacity.

Looks like a pair of Maxamps 3S 5250's would fit if you want more juice according to Maxamps.

Note that the little battery retainer clips inside the compartments will need to be removed. Foam padding should be placed at the ends of the pack so it does not slide around.

http://www.maxamps.com/products.php?cat=172

Maxamps offers excellent value packs for the basher and casual racer.

The E Revo also runs on to battery packs so if you went with 2 3S packs I believe you would have to upgrade your ESC because if i am correct the stock ESC is only rated for a max of 16.8 volts, so 2 3s packs would probably fry your stock ESC....

The E Revo also runs on to battery packs so if you went with 2 3S packs I believe you would have to upgrade your ESC because if i am correct the stock ESC is only rated for a max of 16.8 volts, so 2 3s packs would probably fry your stock ESC....

It might let out the 'magic smoke', that's never a good thing. :D

Back