ercm pipe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buggybuster

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Finally orderd pipe for my trophy truggy from ercm. Just about to hit the half gallon mark on the nova 7t .28 I dropped in. Still not very happy wit the performance been running a jp3 and had went up 2 teeth on my cb, seemed a lil sluggish to me. Think I'll be waitn by the door til the ercm get here, lol. Will the jp3 header work or should I go ahead and order a different header? :D

That header should be just fine. I am sure you will really like the ERCM pipe. They work great for me. I have been using one on a Savage for three years now. Sounds wicked and tons of power and top end. Robin does great work with them. You will not be disappointed....I have not heard anyone that ever has by them.

Been hearing those nova engines didnt really perform good wit those jp pipes, actually seen it in a forum any truth to that

I am not really sure about it but it depends on the pipe. I have an LRP .30 that would not run on a JP-3 or JP-4 but ran really well on the JP-2. The 2 being a top end pipe so offered the least back pressure for a high flowing engine. Either way the ERCM pipes are the shiznit so you went the best route you can take with any pipe I have ever used.

Got a call from Robin yesterday, pipe on the way!!! Thats what I call customer service, think I'll send him the engine next. Dont mind spending with customer service like thats awesome. He had previous referred me to Neal at clockwork for a buggy engine mod and I promise both of those guys are GREAT. I feel like a kid waitn on Christmas right now!!

You’ll like the ERCM pipe with the Nova, trust me…;)
DSC07906.gif

U the man Snook thats one sweet rig, read some of your stuff on clock work last night. I'm gone go ahead and get that nova modded Robin and Neal both said from the factory its not all that, I like pushing the limits lol, forget some run time. Have you ran that rig yet, would love to see it.

I’ve ran it some for testing, nothing real impressive yet.
Re-working the transmission so it can hold up to the punishment.
I’m hopeful to get some decent runs/video by mid summer.
I have a video I can post of the initial test run if interested.

For sure, I look at your setup and show around me almost everyday dude!

1st test run video, 1st gear only. I had a throttle linkage issue that wouldn’t allow both engines to idle down completely at the same time. That’s since been fixed, but the 3 speed tranny design is failing in it and in another speed build at high speeds in 3rd gear.
I have the carbs limited to ¾ throttle and was running the smallest venturi’s at the time of the video.

th_Test2.gif

I’m modifying the transmission now as a 2 speed with a lower output ratio to try and make it more durable and a more consistent shift point.
Here’s a test run with a Nova .28 and the ercm pipe on the other speed build with the modified 2 speed transmission.
I was being easy on throttle due to worn transmission parts and had limited space to stop so the engine never got to top rpm range. Turning approx 23,250 rpm in video.

th_MAH00585_zpsfd6dafd8.gif

Here’s another test video of the same setup only with a higher ratio transmission turning some decent rpm’s so you can get an idea of the sound when wound up. Turning approx 29,500 in video.

th_MAH00522_zps02e436ff.gif

Snook can't get the vids to come up in the photobucket