Engine trouble

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok well a bit of an update, the cooling head on the current engine was not gonna come off all that easy... As I said before the screws are siezed in there so I drilled the heads of the screws off still no budge... and then I figured what the hell, ill just take the engine right off.. which turned out much easier then I had figured, the screws on the bottom were a bit intimidating at first glance but they came out like butter, other than one which i had to drill the head off and it worked this time... figures...

So I got the engine off and the screw heads poke through on the side, after the cooling head and before the actual crank case, so I got a saw in there and finnally got the head off... but now theres no way to get the old screws out so I'm SOL with this engine... and yeah you can see the wear and tear in the piston and on the insides... just all the more reason to pick up a new engine. So a quick trip to the LHS to see what they have to offer. OS .18 CV-RX.... solid engine, much more powerful then the duratrax .18, more reliable, but also.... $129.00 Definantly not something I want to dish out at this point in time even though after ill regret not doing it. So thats was really all they had to offer, so I went searching on the internet to see what there was to offer and found the cv-rx for about $109 not bad but still pretty steep, for my budget at least.

So to wrap it up I found a Duratrax dtx .18 on e-bay for pretty cheap, so I'm looking forward to a brand new engine, break it in and do everything right this time. And well thats where it sits now. So to pass some time I did all the maitenance I could on the car for now and just gotta wait to get a new engine. One thing after another...

If I'm not mistaken the duratrax motors were produced by o.s. unless that was another model that duratrax put out that I'm thinking about, but good luck with your new engine and try not to toast anymore plugs ha ha jk man have fun

And thats the best use for ebay. I buy whole cars for parts, and although they take up alot of room I know I always have what I want right there.

yeah I'm just in the beggining stages of this e-bay thing, I've already picked up some stuff for my 1/1 truck and yeah I can see how easy it is to just go wild on there and pick up a bunch of used vehicles for parts. As for the duratrax being an os, yes this is true but I was told the OS .18 CV-RX is just a much better motor. Kinda like the DTX was just made specifically for the Evader and then to save cost they cheaped out on a few parts compared to the CV-RX. So yes I should do just fine for this motor but I wont get it for a week or so... bummer but hell saturday night UFC, Serra vs GSP, I'm THERE.