engine starts free spinning before firing off ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NolzWin

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
when you try to start the revo. right before the glow plug takes over it spins really fast. if you let off the starter and hit the button again it will almost start till it hits that rpm then free wheel. i'm thinking problem in the ez start assm. or the centrifical locker the connects the crankshaft to the ez start. any help would be appreciated.

sounds like the OWB is bad/dirty..

Owb ?

thanks, i searched OWB lol . after looking it sounds just like whats happening . use wd or alchohol to clean it ? or just order one ?

I use brake clean, from local auto parts store, and compressed air to dry

thanks for the help. i'll try that.

Make sure when you use brake cleaner that it's non chlorinated

did'nt know brake cleaner came in chlorinated or unchlor, what's up with that? Chlorinated bad for plastic or something? Just wondering, Knowledge is power! Sorry to jack the thread.

Even with non-chlorinated brake cleaner, I still rinse it out with wd-40 immediately.

Ok think i am having same problem with my 3.3 and ez start. what is the owb

The hex shaped part with needle bearings inside of it that slides over the crank shaft. Look at traxxas.com or look one up on ebay to see what it looks like. Or just take your ez start off. You'll see it.

just checked traxxas web site would figure had all that apart today but didn't clean that thought it was supposed to have oil on it

I've always cleaned them and ran them dry. Seems that plenty of oil finds it's way to it.:)

Well cleaned it and put it back together. works great now only prob is was looking at parts drawing and i noticed that there was a washer missing on the starter shaft. will pull back apart tomorrow to find out if i just overlooked it