Engine shuts off for no reason

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgbdwlf2500

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I got it tuned and running good, now it shuts off not long after running it. Today i ran a little less than half the tank and it cut off, went back out after work to start it again and it ran for a little bit then shut off again. Everytime it cuts off i see air in the fuel line. What is causing that?

Also, if i have plenty of smoke and the head temperature is right, should there be any oil left over, as in blowing out the exhaust? Now that I've tuned it, the temp is good and there is lots of smoke but no oil remains. Is that correct or should there be a little bit of oil?

Check for leaks. Fuel cap seal, fuel lines, pipe coupler, header, ect... Make sure the entire engine is sealed as well. You may just need to tune it. Try richening up once it warms up. If it runs really well when the engine is cold, it's probably lean.

sorry but i dont know why it does that but i had a losi xxxnt that did the same thing

Check for leaks. Fuel cap seal, fuel lines, pipe coupler, header, ect... Make sure the entire engine is sealed as well. You may just need to tune it. Try richening up once it warms up. If it runs really well when the engine is cold, it's probably lean.

Ill try that, i had a feeling it was probably slightly lean, thats why i asked about having oil or lack of oil coming from the pipe. Should there be some or not?

Ill try that, i had a feeling it was probably slightly lean, thats why i asked about having oil or lack of oil coming from the pipe. Should there be some or not?

check your tank and lines for an air leak. thats sounds like your problem

There should be a slight amount of oil coming from the pipe at idle. You need to have a good smoke stream as as soon as you hit the throttle.

There should be a slight amount of oil coming from the pipe at idle. You need to have a good smoke stream as as soon as you hit the throttle.

Thats about what I've got so i guess it was just slightly lean or there is an air leak. Will check on the leak too

well, heres my thought. there should for no reason be air bubbles in the fuel line. if there is, it is getting in from somewhere. since the pickup is fully submerged in the fuel, it should pick up straight fuel. so something after the pickup is causing air to get in the line