Engine Reving up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bighomedog11

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey today I was bashing my Maxx around in this little construction site. It is mostly dirt and a few dirt hills. But I notice that my Maxx would Rev up real high and would not move. It did this 2 times. I took a look at the gears (Spur Gear) and it was fine and the clutch bell gear was fine also. So i started it back up and it was normal again. I am wondering could this be the Tranny about to give out or what could be my problem? I am using the 2.5 Tranny with the 3.3 motor.

Does your max have reverse? I can't remember from the pics, sounds like the forward/rev servo was not completely fixed in either posistion
Ps
Pics have been sent to you

Does your max have reverse? I can't remember from the pics, sounds like the forward/rev servo was not completely fixed in either posistion
Ps
Pics have been sent to you

Yah it has a rev but i do not use it. I only use forward though
I got the pics.

Is the servo still hooked up? Even though you dont use it the servo can glitch sometimes and basically puts the tranny in neutral

Is the servo still hooked up? Even though you dont use it the servo can glitch sometimes and basically puts the tranny in neutral

Oh. So what should i do to stop this problem?

Do yourself a favor and elimininate the reverse all together, its hands down the single most cheapest and best mod to apply to the maxx platform, its called a forward only conversion "foc" will cost you between 10-15$ off ebay for the kit.....in the meantime you can simply disconnect the servo from the rx

Yeah that is what i have done already. So i manual have it pushed in. But i am going to check out the FOC on ebay. I might even check my LHS and see if they got one

Last edited:
Back