engine rebuild

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_freak_123

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi guys I'm just aboyut to rebuild my engine its a por .15 BXS p/start

my mate my bearings has gone behind the flywheel and he said to rebuild my engine to get to them surely i dont have to do this do i.

strip it all take out piston and liner etc etc I'm not fussy of doing it as i never done that stuff before and it sounds tricky

these bearings are gone

any ideas on how to get them out will b a graet help like i said abouve I'm not fussy on taking everything out of my engine and this is my first time

hey man, I'm also tearing down my motor today just to check for wear and things like that since i have no glow plugs and can't play. ill see if there is a way to get the bearings out with out pulling the piston, sleeve, etc. and let you know. but I'm pretty sure you have to pull all of that out to get the bearings out. soon as i get to that point ill let you know

ok i heard u have to BOIL them in water wtf

well, i got my mill all apart. looks like there isnt really a way to get to the bearing without taking it all apart. i did not actually remove my bearings, so i dont know exactly what it would take to get them out, but it seems like they are saying you boil it to get the metal to expand so the bearings will come out without hurting the crankcase. maybe someone else can tell you exactly how to get them out, but to answer your question, yes, you will have to pull the sleeve, piston and crank out to get the bearings out. its really quite simple to do though.

Remove the p/s and backplate. Then remove the head. put the piston at BDC and stick your finger down in the cylinder and try to pull the sleeve out. it should come out pretty easily. then you can wiggle the con-rod off the crank and pull the piston out. then slide the crank out the back of the mill. then all you have to do is get the bearings out, put your new ones in, and reverse the process to get everything back together. if you have any questions or would like to see pictures of certain steps, let me know

If you expect to get any help please post something that we can understand.
The post above is unreadable and doesn't mean a thing.

If you want to post in Ebonics, please find another forum to use.

nitro_freak_123 said:
lol ed u no what i mean get get to the screws man!
u = This one letter is not a word
no = Just that, No, Not, None.
Get Get = You didnt even read your post before you hit the submit button.

If your not going to take the time to properly communicate with us, why should we spend our time to try and help?.

I'm sorry guys i am just saying i can't get the screws out of my engine head thats all in order to strip my engine

What is the issue?
Did you strip the heads off the screws?

If the heads on the screws are still good, put the Mill in the oven and heat it up to 350. Use an oven mit to hold it and try again.

no the screws are good is just that i can't see them ( i can with help form a torch and a friend its hard holding the torch in 1 hand and holding engine and a allan key in another.

ill show you a picture of what i mean

with my other engine head on different car you can see the screws but with this new upgraded head its like a tube leading to the screws if you know what i mean

fast eddy :

I've heard so many different methods to get the engine bearings out eg boil crankcase in water ?!?!? and put the mill in an hot oven for 20 mins to let the bearings expand ?!?!?

what i want to know is are these methods correct and/or do u have any other ways to get the bearings off

thanks brad

If you ask a proper question we will understand what your asking.

What are you on about?

FastEddy said:
If you ask a proper question we will understand what your asking.

What are you on about?

ROFLMFAO. I just spit my drink on my screen.

These posts of his..Are like reading that F'ed up code thread!

I'm going to try to help. You said the screws aren't stripped correct? The screws look like phillups heads (the x star looking one) Just take a small some what long phillups head screw driver slid it in the hole where the scew is and turn until you feel the screwdriver meet with the head or the screw appy preasure and turn.

dannyd said:
I'm going to try to help. You said the screws aren't stripped correct? The screws look like phillups heads (the x star looking one) Just take a small some what long phillups head screw driver slid it in the hole where the scew is and turn until you feel the screwdriver meet with the head or the screw appy preasure and turn.

Translation

u need need touse a ting in the hole yuor about 2 put in and tern it that you can't see

Back