Engine rebuild, What parts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuzzStPoint

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
The piston and sleeve has lost compression in my engine..

I have been told to replace teh piston and sleeve with a Trinity Sirio Piston and sleeve..

I have that on order and now I'm wondering if I should buy a different cooling head. If so which one shoudl I get? There is so many.

Any link would be great.

I'm running the Nova Race Pro and it's working out pretty well. American CNC Machining sells them for the 2.5 pretty cheap, I think like $25, and they're pretty too!

Ohh yeah, as far as the piston and sleeve, is this for the Pro .15 or the 2.5?

I have the 2.5 engine..

this is what I ordered.

Trinity Sirio Piston and sleeve
Golden Horizons Cooling head.
Glow plug ignighter..<--Cause I'm tired of the darn wire breaking

I have the piston and sleeve in alreadly and started the break-in. Boy it has a lot more snort that stock.

And I'm thinking about getting a pull start. but I dunno...

Just about any after market head will work. I sell alot of MSJ heads. Then again it was also our design. :)

The big thing is when you get the head.. run the stock needle settings! It will not do anyone a lick of good if you bye the MSJ or aftermarket head, drop 40 - 60 deg of temp, only to LEAN the damn thing out to get MORE POWER!! You might as well just keep the stock head and buy stock in Traxxas. Youll need it with all the rebuilds your going to do.