engine bearings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2.5 4life

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey guys iv had a 2.5 for a while and i have a problem with the engine bearings, i have the crankshaft piston, piston sleeve and the smaller engine bearing out but i can't get the inner bigger bearing out any ideas on how to do this would be greatly appreciated

Heat it up until it's really hot and then hit it FLAT on a block of wood or something solid and flat. I don't remember the temp or time if you use you oven but they have a few videos on youtube, I used my heat gun and a thick glove. If it's gummed up really bad you may want to clean it up first. I'm at work right now but if no one has thrown a video in here I will when I get home in the morning.

A toaster oven at around 250-275 for about 10 minutes and like Schrode said a flat surface to tap the bearing out. When reinstalling I would recommend the same thing for the engine casing only put the new bearing into your freezer before installation. The cold (shrunk) bearing should drop right in to the hot (expanded) bearing race.

freezing the bearing now thats a slick trick i wish i knew that a year ago when i replaced my bearings in my rb keep learning new things on this site everyday

yea and i just found out that my tmaxx can beat a cats a$$,poor kitty better stay away from me,lol

How is that on the topic of this thread?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Back