Electric Start Or Pull-Sart?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bighomedog11

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey, I am getting tired of my electric start because the battery dies down too fast :(. I am using a 1500 mAH battery,I think the battery is going bad so i bought a used 3000 mAH battery and a EZ start battery.

I am wondering what is better the EZ-start or a Pull-start?

And a battery that is 3000 mAH it should stay charged for awhile because i am just using it in the wand.

It's personal preference really. Both are only problematic if abused(cranking a flooded engine or continually cranking an engine because something is wrong and it's hard to start). A properly tuned/primed engine should start in 2-3 pulls, or a second or two of cranking. I received my OS used, and it's started by a roto start. Rumor has it that the 1500mah dynamites in the roto wand haven't been charged in over a year when I received it. They still had plenty of juice to start the engine. That should give you an idea of how long a battery should last. I could run a half gallon between charges with my ez start wand, running 3-4 tanks at a time. The 3000mah venom started the truck month after month.:)

traxxas ez start has issues with the one way bearing going bad. mine recently went and havent gotten around to changing it but id say the cheaper easier and money saver is the pull start. hey nothin wrong with a little arm excercises :)

i like the roto start back plate and a cordless drill....

all pull all day for me. simple, functional, and one less battery to charge haha.

I personally have never had a OWB go bad, but I do notice that a higher mah battery will help fire up the engines faster. As far as I see there is more current to allow the glow plug heat up.

Yeah i got a few extra battery packs.. So i am going to stick with the EZ start till this batterys die out

Yes but the battery's wont last forever..

Just bought a peak charger so i can use it in my house and when i am out :)

Oh okay I see what you are getting at. You should get a life of life out of a battery though

Hey, I am getting tired of my electric start because the battery dies down too fast :(. I am using a 1500 mAH battery,I think the battery is going bad so i bought a used 3000 mAH battery and a EZ start battery.

I am wondering what is better the EZ-start or a Pull-start?

And a battery that is 3000 mAH it should stay charged for awhile because i am just using it in the wand.

ez stert pull starts suck had sevrel i dont like them