Ebay warning

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikko508

ROLEX SUPPORTER
Reaction score
For everyone that deals on ebay. Beware of a ebayer by the name "radiocontrolitems". Put him on your do not deal with list. This guy is a scamer.

I hope you didn't learn the hard way.

icon2.gif
Ebay WARNINGS
This thread is to alert our members of any scammers trying to sell.

If you are aware of any scams, bad deals or sellers who have sent items "Not as Described", post them here.

You should keep an eye on this list if you regularly buy OR sell on Ebay.

Last edited:
Let me explain what happened. I sold my tmaxx and the ue chassis, alnog with a box full of spare parts. In box i put everything from tires, used steel axles, air filters, a charger, 3 body's, remote, fuel bottle, a boat load of screws and every receipt for every part on the maxx. Thus guy runs the truck for a week then emails me and tells me he isn't happy with the deal, never asked for any refund, never asked to return it. He emails me 10 times a day telling me every scrape, scratch or dent that he found, then he leaves a negative remark. Like i said, nothing horrible but it pissed me off..

About 120. I reported him to ebay, told them that he is harassing me. We will see what happens. He does have 3 negative marks. 1 sound like the same thing as mine.

Do not do any business with "radiocontrolitems1", this guy will not hesitate to leave a bad feed back. He makes up lies and will harass you every day. The best part is, he doesn't ask for a refund or to return the item.

8gallo is a douche!

8gallo is a douche! I know better than to buy from a noob but I threw up a low bid and won. It's been nothing but BS from the start! No communication and it was never marked as shipped. 4 days after I won he said his computer crashed but it would be shipped the next day. A few days later still not marked shipped and no type of communication. I asked if it had been shipped and he said it was shipped and he would give me tracking info when he got off from work but he never sent anything and no communication. It was been two weeks since the auction ended so I asked once again for tracking info. Today he replied saying the package has been damaged and he would issue a refund through paypal. If he doesn't issue a refund by morning I get the joy of filing a claim through paypal. Good news is I'm only out a few bucks and all of our messages were through ebay so I have a record of all his BS excuses.

What really sucks is that I have been waiting on this radio for two weeks and still have no way to run the merv...I'm going into withdrawals!

EDIT: I filed a claim on eBay with the buyer protection, it took 15 minutes for a refund to be issued!

Last edited:
Some of you will remember that I was searching for the '67 Corvette body almost 4 months ago and could only find it on back order.
I paid for it through PayPal.
Almost 4 months later I've heard nothing from them and they have ignored 5 emails I've sent in the last couple of months.
I just filed a claim through PayPal for a full refund.

Active Powersports, also using:
Escondido Powersports
side by side sports

Last edited:
Some of you will remember that I was searching for the '67 Corvette body almost 4 months ago and could only find it on back order.
I paid for it through PayPal.
Almost 4 months later I've heard nothing from them and they have ignored 5 emails I've sent in the last couple of months.
I just filed a claim through PayPal for a full refund.

Active Powersports, also using:
Escondido Powersports
side by side sports

Any time an item is back ordered they don't take your payment till the item is sent. These people took my money and never responded again.
As of a couple of hours ago PayPal ruled in my favor and gave me a refund. Obviously they didn't respond to PayPal either.
I wonder how many other names they are using to confuse people who don't want to do business with them, any more.

Avoid them completely.

Those guys suck. Did the same things. Anytime I see a body I reaaaallly want, and I see that name, I file it under "does not exist", "you're dreaming this kiddo".

Watch out for eBay seller "Kevin Talbot"

Back