Early morning call.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexander_0_1

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads"
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So this morning (3:30am) I got a call from a truck driver to go and pull him and his semi out of the ditch, by the time I get there theres a pump operator keeping him company, I ask him if he tried to back himself out, he says "I tried but all I do is spin the 3 rear axles" then in an annoyed voice he blurts out " contrary to popular belief spinning your tires won't melt the snow your stuck in", after he was done his sentance I started with " due to popular common knowledge if you spin your tires in the hard packed snow/ice the friction heat from your tires will melt the tread pattern into the surface of the snow, allowing you some traction to possibly get unstuck", but this wasn't the topper. The topper was after I already had the guy hooked up to my grader he jumps out if his semi hands me his shackle/clavis, and say "here use this one it's a Crosby, but don't steal it". (For those that don't know a Crosby shackle/clavis is suppose to be the gold standard of shackles)
But don't worry guys I've dealt with his type before, and I guess so has everyone else, cause as soon as he handed it to me I call out to my partner" HEY THIS GUY HAS A CROSBY!" my partner yells back "A REAL CROSBY!"and just like clock work the pump operator hollers " TAKE YOU HATS OFF BOYS THATS A CROSBY!

It was too funny I found myself laughing in front of the semi truck driver, then I looked at him a said there you have it, its too early to take anyone seriously.

Back