E-revo...fun.. needs mods but what?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motojay

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hi got me the E-revo.not the brushless :( ....so i want to be faster then my buds nitro tmax ...i know litte the mamba is$ suggestion anyone

brushless is one, on road tires, and if you go brushless go LIPO or LiFe and you will def kill your buds little t-maxx.. hahah have fun doin 80mph past him..lol

The Mamba Monster, 2 good 2s packs and some skills will smoke your buddy's nitro. 3s packs if you wanna get real nuts. Be ready to do some drive line upgrades if you plan to run 6s.

brushless is one, on road tires, and if you go brushless go LIPO or LiFe and you will def kill your buds little t-maxx.. hahah have fun doin 80mph past him..lol

i got road tires..proline road rage and axial rims with the rimlock so no glue..but i think they wobley..think i got water in them...so is there any thing i can do cheep? tothe stock e-revo?? gears mabe??

you say 80mph:whhooo: so what all do think i need ,if i go brushless am kinda new to the hobby. so ived seen the mamba$$$ what would be the best place to get.would i need more then just the mortor?? speed control?? or radio???

The only thing that matters is your ESC/Motor and battery. I would just get a decent Mamba System or a Castle Creations system. But the Lipo`s are expensive and dangerous. And the only thing upgrading the Radio does is makes your response time for when you hit the throttle alittle quicker.

so what ??it all comes in a kit?? mortor&esc i could run stock?? got 2s5000 lipo allso and lipo alarms

cool.. would like to know more....thanks fo the respons

The only thing that matters is your ESC/Motor and battery. I would just get a decent Mamba System or a Castle Creations system. But the Lipo`s are expensive and dangerous. And the only thing upgrading the Radio does is makes your response time for when you hit the throttle alittle quicker.
The price has come way down on the LiPo batteries in the past couple of years. The safety issue is not as bad as you make it out to be. You can overcharge them and that can be a bit exciting, but if you remove them from the charger you should be okay.

Lipos are so cheap now that I can see no point in sticking with nimh's. Check out hobbyking.com. Look at the Rhino packs. Chargers are dirt cheap also. With a low voltage cutoff and the proper charger, safety isn't of any real concern. You just have to keep the volts in they're happy place. And don't over work the packs by gearing too high or running in tall grass.

Lipos are so cheap now that I can see no point in sticking with nimh's. Check out hobbyking.com. Look at the Rhino packs. Chargers are dirt cheap also. With a low voltage cutoff and the proper charger, safety isn't of any real concern. You just have to keep the volts in they're happy place. And don't over work the packs by gearing too high or running in tall grass.

+1 Yeah I forgot about that site. Speaking of that thats where I bought my Turnigy charger from. Its all the same stuff its just different name brand and I think its made in a different country but idk I havent worried about were they are located. But yeah its been a while since I've toyed with lipos.

Back