Dynamite "Race gaurd" Failsafe problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwx

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm having a problem with the above fail safe. The truck is a .15 Tmaxx with the stock Tq3 radio.

I installed it on my truck and when I went to test it(by turning the TX off), it moved the servo to wide open throttle. It doesn't seem to reset when I hit the set button while I'm holding the throttle trigger to where I want it(full brake).

Anybody have any ideas what could be going on here?

I would try seeing if it will set at neutral position. I have a traxxas fail safe and all I had to do was tap the button. I have mine set at neutral my maxx dosent roll to far on its own.

Sorry, I forgot to add that I also tried adjusting it at varying trigger positions, and at rest/neutral.

Sorry you got me! I checked mine since I have my truck in pieces at the moment and realized that mine is an ofna failsafe. When I press the button the light flashes and then goes steady on. I have never used the one you have. I am sure there is someone on here that can help though. I would try another one I don't think they are that expensive.

I'm having a problem with the above fail safe. The truck is a .15 Tmaxx with the stock Tq3 radio.

I installed it on my truck and when I went to test it(by turning the TX off), it moved the servo to wide open throttle. It doesn't seem to reset when I hit the set button while I'm holding the throttle trigger to where I want it(full brake).

Anybody have any ideas what could be going on here?

Sounds like when you set it, you set it in the wrong direction. When looking down on your truck, turn your tx off and your servo horn should turn counter clockwise to apply brakes. If you can't reset that somehow, junk it and buy a venom. No probs here. Works great.

This may or may not be helpful.
I had an older Dynamite Race Guard failsafe (with a white face) that had a similar problem.
I finally figured it would only work with standard batteries (4.8volts) and when I put it on a vehicle with a fully charged rechargeable battery (6.0 volts) it would freak out - including locking the wheels in one direction.
When the voltage dropped, it worked fine.
Needless to say I junked it and put in an Ofna micro failsafe.

nope. I have a failsafe on my savage, but it works fine. I just followed the instructions. Are you holding the set button down? that's what i had to do.

He's probably figured out the problem since he hasn't posted about it in 7 months.;)