Dynamite .19 Mach 2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaos2767

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have had this motor now for a few weeks and do have to say that it is a great upgrade from the 2.5. The motor is very easy to tune and does hold a tune well. I swapped to the pull start which the standard Traxxas 2.5/3.3 pul start will work on this motor, just need to pull, clean and lube the one way bearing from the ez start. Anyone who was contemplating this motor, I would recommend it. Everything swaps directly over such as the flywheel, clutch and clutch bell, their are no mods necessary to run this motor on the Maxx. The reason I switched to a pull start was because the ez start had a hard time turning this motor over but would do it, it just drains the battery in the wand really quick. With the pull start, I can get it to turn over within 5 pulls.

I have had this motor now for a few weeks and do have to say that it is a great upgrade from the 2.5. The motor is very easy to tune and does hold a tune well. I swapped to the pull start which the standard Traxxas 2.5/3.3 pul start will work on this motor, just need to pull, clean and lube the one way bearing from the ez start. Anyone who was contemplating this motor, I would recommend it. Everything swaps directly over such as the flywheel, clutch and clutch bell, their are no mods necessary to run this motor on the Maxx. The reason I switched to a pull start was because the ez start had a hard time turning this motor over but would do it, it just drains the battery in the wand really quick. With the pull start, I can get it to turn over within 5 pulls.

Chaos, Thanks for the update! :D

How much fuel have you put through it so far?

How much fuel have you put through it so far?

I've put just under a gallon through mine and haven't had any issues, I've heard of people having issues with bearings though. I don't think it has quite the low end as a 3.3. I'm not really sure though because when I put the .19 in, I had also put new Trenchers on and they were much heavier/taller than the 2.2 Dirt Hawgs I had been running. I had also been running a junk 3.3 that came in a freebie T-Maxx, it was on it's last leg and I have no idea on how it's life was but it was rough when I got it. I should be able to do a good comparison this summer, I'm working on a second Rusty roller right now, I'll run the same setup except for engines and see how they do.

I have about a half gallon thru mine, no issues and idles great.

that's good to know keep us updated on how she goes as I'm wanting to use this engine in my next project plus the price is right too:)

So can I buy a pullstart for this engine? If so which one?

I Just got done installing this great engine into my 2.5 maxx.. I was going to go out and do the break-in today but the weather had other plans..so hopefully another day this week before next weekend... going out of town to play... I will let you know how it goes.. I am excited to see the power diffrence

Just wondering if anyone has some long term experience with this engine.. I have a jato coming in from an ebay auction I won. I was thinking of using this engine. If it is as easy to tune as others say it is, I will prob get one for my t maxx as well... I saw a youtube video of a guy giving a t maxx a brutal beatdown and he was running this engine.