Dx7 loses memory?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlobbia

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
Hi guys, I have a dx7 and two AR7000 receivers. I have one in my Raptor 30 and one in my foam FT Explorer. However, every time I bind to one, the dx7 doesn't connect to the other. So every time when switching from the raptor to the explorer, I have to bind all over again. Any suggestions?

Hi guys, I have a dx7 and two AR7000 receivers. I have one in my Raptor 30 and one in my foam FT Explorer. However, every time I bind to one, the dx7 doesn't connect to the other. So every time when switching from the raptor to the explorer, I have to bind all over again. Any suggestions?

After doing the bind ,there should be another step to lock it into the memory ,I dont know what button it is ,but one of
my radio systems ,I have to push the enter button before I program an after I do the program to lock it into the memory!

You also need to make sure that you've advanced to the NEXT model memory and not overwriting the one you just did.
Yes I made sure. I read the manual and there was a tiny section that said you need to switch to the model that the receiver used last time or else the controls won't work. This is for safety so you don't start flying on the wrong model.

You also need to be name specific so you don't start the engine on the wrong model. It might go full throttle and you'll have no control. You need to name it "Nitro .46" or "Cessna", something that's obvious to the plane you're about to start. Also, make sure all the controls are working properly before you start the engine.

Just curious, are you removing the bind plug from the receiver when your done binding?

5.Remove the bind plug from the BATT/BIND port on the receiver before you power off the transmitter and store it in a convenient place.

IMPORTANT:Remove the bind plug to prevent the system from entering bind mode the next time the power is turned on.

https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/SPMAR7000UserGuide.pdf

I've been using spektrum transmitters for years and never had one "lose" connectivity to a receiver, other than when a receiver died. Even then, it was range that suffered, not memory. Was always a land system though, DX2.0 DX3, DX3.0, DX3R, DX3C and currently using a DX5C. I've always had at least 2-10 vehicles setup and bound to the transmitter.

I have been also been using Spektrum since 2007. I still have my DX2.0 and I currently use it for racing. Never had an issue. I still use the same RX that is quite huge, compared to today's standards. I

I just came across a Radiopost. Anyone have any experience with those? I'm thinking of using that in my car instead.