Duratrax Belted 2.8 and SC tires.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Is anyone using these? I have a few different trucks that keep destroying tires anytime i run 3S, especially my DHK Hobby Hunter, so, i thought, why not try belted, but, i have had bad luck with Duratrax SC tires on 2S, so i am a little leary of them, but, Pro-Line belted are a bit out of my price range. I run Pro-Line Trenchers on all my 2WD SCT's, and just "ghetto" belt them using fishing line on the outside, but, when i tried that on my Hunter, then ran it on 3S, the fishing line didnt last long.

We're you useing a mono line. Those won't work for wrapping tires. You need a shark or sail fish braided line. And how did you wrap the tire like all the videos say to in 3 separate areas the sides and down the middle. That also won't work. Tried it the tire still has room to move.. you should try a Kevlar braided line. Or a shark line made of wire. And need to use a slipknot in middle and weave in and out of tread continues. Work from one side to the other and back.. one way threw one set of tread and back threw the other set. Until you have the whole tire wrapped.. check the line out its one of the strongest out...
emma kites 100% Black Kevlar Braided Cord (0.4~4.6mm Dia, 50lb~1800lb) High Strength, Abrasion Flame Resistant, Tough Survival Tactical Cord Model Rocket Paracord Snare Line Fishing Assist Cord

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AZBIOR...abc_P8PA8PT2SFFMM7WAZ9T5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
49 Strand Stainless Steel Black Vinyl Coated Cable Kit 30' with 10 crimps

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NIX1MBW/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_7Q35R366163TMX7RRHVS?psc=1

Or you can. Take the tire off the rim and use gorilla tape around the inside of tire.. that will help with ballooning as well. Can use duck tape. But the gorilla glue tape is the strongest IMO...

The duratrax belted tires are not really belted. Its more of a Kevlar band in the rubber..I don't run them never really had a reason too. I try not to allow the tires to just spin while not in contact with the ground. Unless trying back flips. But even then you want some tire mass to use the weight of them to flip the RC... it must be some really soft rubber or crap rubber compound.. To be ripping apart on 3s... your the first person I've ever heard of ripping tires on 3s. Mostly happens with 6s 8s...

We're you useing a mono line. Those won't work for wrapping tires. You need a shark or sail fish braided line. And how did you wrap the tire like all the videos say to in 3 separate areas the sides and down the middle. That also won't work. Tried it the tire still has room to move.. you should try a Kevlar braided line. Or a shark line made of wire. And need to use a slipknot in middle and weave in and out of tread continues. Work from one side to the other and back.. one way threw one set of tread and back threw the other set. Until you have the whole tire wrapped.. check the line out its one of the strongest out...
emma kites 100% Black Kevlar Braided Cord (0.4~4.6mm Dia, 50lb~1800lb) High Strength, Abrasion Flame Resistant, Tough Survival Tactical Cord Model Rocket Paracord Snare Line Fishing Assist Cord

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AZBIOR...abc_P8PA8PT2SFFMM7WAZ9T5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
49 Strand Stainless Steel Black Vinyl Coated Cable Kit 30' with 10 crimps

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NIX1MBW/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_7Q35R366163TMX7RRHVS?psc=1

Or you can. Take the tire off the rim and use gorilla tape around the inside of tire.. that will help with ballooning as well. Can use duck tape. But the gorilla glue tape is the strongest IMO...

The duratrax belted tires are not really belted. Its more of a Kevlar band in the rubber..I don't run them never really had a reason too. I try not to allow the tires to just spin while not in contact with the ground. Unless trying back flips. But even then you want some tire mass to use the weight of them to flip the RC... it must be some really soft rubber or crap rubber compound.. To be ripping apart on 3s... your the first person I've ever heard of ripping tires on 3s. Mostly happens with 6s 8s...
I usually wrap the line 3 or 4 layers deep in the grooves of the tread. After awhile though, the glue wears off, then the line starts to unravel and break off. Until that happens, i dont have a problem with them ballooning the way i do it. I tried the gorilla tape method exactly once, and not only couldnt get it to lay flat in the inside of the tire, until i cut the tape into roughly 2" wide strips and overlaid the edges, but then it was a nightmare to balance. As for the tires i have had explode on me, i have had tires from Duratrax (Six Pack (they do it the most), Picket, SpeedTreads) to Pro-Line Trenchers (i had two explode spectacularly on my Losi 22S, luckily the body wasn't on it), and even stock AE multi-terrain tires have done it. Oddly, i have a set from a Redcat Volcano that balloon bad on 3S, and make the truck go all over the place, but they havent exploded yet, and i have been running them for months.

I usually wrap the line 3 or 4 layers deep in the grooves of the tread. After awhile though, the glue wears off, then the line starts to unravel and break off. Until that happens, i dont have a problem with them ballooning the way i do it. I tried the gorilla tape method exactly once, and not only couldnt get it to lay flat in the inside of the tire, until i cut the tape into roughly 2" wide strips and overlaid the edges, but then it was a nightmare to balance. As for the tires i have had explode on me, i have had tires from Duratrax (Six Pack (they do it the most), Picket, SpeedTreads) to Pro-Line Trenchers (i had two explode spectacularly on my Losi 22S, luckily the body wasn't on it), and even stock AE multi-terrain tires have done it. Oddly, i have a set from a Redcat Volcano that balloon bad on 3S, and make the truck go all over the place, but they havent exploded yet, and i have been running them for months.
With the tape did you turn tires inside out. And you only need tape the width of the tread.. you definitely had balance issue over lapping the tape.. if anything you can use 2 pieces. With the seems on opposite side from each other...you can put 2 pieces side by side...was it mono line you used?. I never used glue to hold the line in. The braided line is like paracord. It tightens against its self..then at the end of wraps anther slipknot around whole tire and pull tight... I like the duratrax line of tires got them on a few RCs.. the six packs have tons of grip on off road.. not so much on-road...

Is anyone using these? I have a few different trucks that keep destroying tires anytime i run 3S, especially my DHK Hobby Hunter, so, i thought, why not try belted, but, i have had bad luck with Duratrax SC tires on 2S, so i am a little leary of them, but, Pro-Line belted are a bit out of my price range. I run Pro-Line Trenchers on all my 2WD SCT's, and just "ghetto" belt them using fishing line on the outside, but, when i tried that on my Hunter, then ran it on 3S, the fishing line didnt last long.
Never used the Duratrax SC tires but I own sveral pairs of Duratrax tires. 2.8s, 3.8s and 2 pair of the 24mm wheels for the Kraton 8S. For the money theyre hard to beat.

Back