Durango DESC210 RTR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedtriple08

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok - I'm looking for a SCT for my son. He is 9 and I had him out the other day at the local parking lot with my Slash 4x4 and my Losi xxxs. I setup a little track with some cones. This was his first time running anything other than a toy RC. He impressed me and seemed to respect each vehicle as something special. He right off the bat figured out that WOT and turns didn't mix. He learned how to use the brakes and setup for the turns and the smoother he drove the fast he'd be.

Ok - so now for the question at hand. What's peoples opinions of the DESC210 RTR. It looks like a decent machine for the money. Does anybody own one? If yes are they reliable, competitive on the track, tough, easy to maintain? I know it comes with a Speed Passion ESC with a 13.5 motor. Is this setup any good for a 1st SCT? Let me know. :)

I race the kit version of the desc210, VERY nice truck and one of the most competitve available on the market, if you are buying it to race, i would buy the kit version and build it,and put your own electronics in it, makes it so much easier to work on when it needs something, this is hands down the best one available IMO ( maybe a biased opinion because i own one).

Thanks that will probably be the next RC in the house.

Back