Durafly Prime Tundra 1200mm STOL Trainer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBLynden

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
This is my Maiden Flight Review with the brand new Durafly Prime Tundra 1200mm STOL Trainer from HobbyKing. This might just be the best flying Tundra yet and good choice for beginners!

Nice plane and cool review. Looks like she is easy to fly.

RC Buddies are the best. My cousin is big into DJI drone filming. This Monday he is off work, and we are planning to take a few cars to a local skate park, or somewhere we can get a good bash in. He's going to try to follow them, while we do our best to lose him 😉

That is, if it doesn't rain!

So fun, check out my maiden on this amazing plane!

Nice vid and flight, I like the narration letting us know what your doing with the sticks while you fly. :)
Thank you guys! John is my cameraman and has been since day one :D

This is my Second Flight!

Nice! Great second flight. The only negative I see with this plane is the rubber bands holding the wing on. Never cared for this system. But if that's the worst thing she looks like a keeper. :thumbs-up:

Last edited:
Rubber banks are an option, it is also setup to bolt the wing on. I like the simplicity of the rubber bands, and zero tools to remove the wing.

Nice vid and flight, I like the narration letting us know what your doing with the sticks while you fly. :)

Nice! Great second flight. The only negative I see with this plane is the rubber bands holding the wing on. Never cared for this system. But if that's the worst thing she looks like a keeper. :thumbs-up:
Thanks guys! It is a winner with options to use it how you see fits best.

The only reason I don't like the rubber bands is because in our climate they only last about a month.

The only reason I don't like the rubber bands is because in our climate they only last about a month.
That makes total sense! I prefer screws myself, so that is cool to have the options.

Back