duel tanks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revo

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi All I'm thinking abt putting my traxxas 2.5 engine into my Losi xxx-nt I would like a bigger fuel tank in it or run duel tanks has anyone ever tried this?
tnx Revo

Hi All I'm thinking abt putting my traxxas 2.5 engine into my Losi xxx-nt I would like a bigger fuel tank in it or run duel tanks has anyone ever tried this?
tnx Revo

I tried dual tanks in my MP-6 years ago for the heck of it. It did work. From the pipe, run fuel tube from the pipe to the pressure on the first tank. Then from the output of the first tank go to the pressure in on the second tank. Then from the output of the second tank, go to the carb. One tank will empty into the other then the other will empty until you are out of fuel. From what I remember I had to re-tune a little but had no problems as both tanks emptied with any fuel delivery problems. Good luck!:D

Cool tnx for the info, will let every1 know how it works. I priced the parts for the 2.5 for abt 40.00 I can hav everything I need to make the 2.5 work and I already of the other fuel tank it's jst a matter if figuring out where to mount it. I'm thinking right in the center attatched it to the center frame. Tnx agn for the help. Dan

The chassis is too thin and tight packed. I would suggest either getting a bigger tank ( possibly needing custom mounts) or fabricating something to allow the second tank. I don't suggest mounting it in the rear as it is pretty prone to jump and land on its rear..Good luck.