Dual steering servos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bplakers

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My xl is currently at hpi. Was just wondering if the xl could have thd dual steering servos put on it? If you can what upgrades would need to be made to the stock xl for this to be done? I'm not sure if my rx will accept another servo or not. If anyone has done this is there a big benifit to it?

THanks

You could turn alot sharper but highspeeds would no longer be in the Xl's sights ... the rear steering would make you flip if you wanted to make some sharp turns. it would be good for rock crawling etc but usually no one now days uses nitro for rock crawling .. high TQ servo would be best best. with these savages you just have to get used to the limited steering capabilities ... took me awhile to get used to but i eventually did.

I meant putting two on the front like the losi xxl.

ohh sorry idk why i forsome reason thought you were trying to do rear steering... I dont believe it would help you turn sharper or really anything. You best bet is buying a 255 OZ steering servo. i got one on ebay for 35 bucks and its doing amazing right now and all metal gears can't got wrong with that price and quality.

Back