Dual filters with extra big fuel line

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I kept remembering that line from days of thunder about holding an extra gallon of gas so with that being said on my last order to Tower I bought another Kyosho high capicity fuel filter and some 5/32nd" fuel line. I tested the combo out today and it worked flawlessly. I can't assume that using large fuel line is going to work on other engines but in my application it worked great. Actually it transported so much fuel to the carb I had to lean her out a bit to get the desired rpms and heat range. I left the pressure line small figuring that since the pipe I am running has a really small diameter stinger it would be the best for keeping pressure in the fuel lines best. Here are some pics. You'll notice how much larger the fuel lines are compared to the pressure line. As a matter of fact the pressure line can almost fit into the fuel lines.
CIMG8887.JPG

And a close-up:
CIMG8886.JPG

How long can it run on it's lid?

Second question is, how much time do your rides spen on their lids?? :D

A long time for both questions. I am not sure specifically what or how because it's not per say a bell clanger fuel pick-up in the tank but I have yet for one of my buggies to stall while it's on it's lid. I was doing this more for the fact of extra fuel and longer run times.

Oh yeah, and a cleaner fuel going into my $400 engines.

Cool. I'm going to do this too because I hate running over to my stuff before it stalls.

looks good but arnt the fuel lines a little loose on the nipples? i see ur using zip-ties on them. ouch $400 engine... better hope u got about 10 zip-ties holding that airfilter on there. lol.

later

Naw, I use industrial strength zip ties that I tighten with a pair of pliars. Once tight the filter is not going to move. Yes the fuel line was loose on the fittings and it was a royal pain holding it in place while I tightened it down with zip ties but well worth the little extra pain.

EP what is your throttle servo?

And how much was the two of those Fuel Filters? Thanks

Thanks, I just purchased that fuel filter, It should be here in 2-3 days. :clap:

I just got done running and I noticed in the low light of the K-Mart parking lot that it took about 1/4 tank to prime the fuel lines. This means that the larger ID lines and extra fuel filter holds about 25cc's of fuel. That's like cooler than cool beans.

Niiiiiiice haha, Do you think i should get those big fuel lines 2? Or regular fuel lines.

All I can say is try it, I mean it's only $3 you're blowing on the fuel line. Try Debbies for the fuel line.

Thats one big a$$ fuel filter. I just picked one up and put it on my savage in place of the little dubro I had on there. Now I am going to get another one for my buggy. Thanks for the heads-up EP.

I love those filters.

They are just so big the hold a large amount of fuel in them. Plus in essence I am triple filtering the fuel into my engine, the tank has one and two inline.

Back