Dual Exhaust

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaFan

ROLL TIDE!!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was looking at the dual exhaust for my jato. It is stock minus custom paint job and exo carbon. Running the 3.3 motor. Has anyone had experience with the dual exhaust and is it worth the $60? I'm looking for a little more power without engine change. I've changed the gearing to hit higher top end so I was wondering if the dual exhaust would bring some of the bottom end back? Other words is it worth the $60 or am I better just switching the gears back and forth?

Tuned exhaust is what you need. There is no dual exhaust that I've ever heard of that serves any purpose other than to look cool.
It makes the engine very difficult to tune and performance suffers.

Thank you Rolex. That's kinda what I figured. I've heard the same on the tune nightmare.

I'm looking for a little more power without engine change.
Have you looked into superchargers, or nitrous? :D

What's your Jato's main purpose; speed runs, or bashing? If you do both, your best bet would be to change the gearing as needed......or buy a second one.

that $60 will get you a ths exhaust ,I put one on my jato and it gives more power and a real nice note ,if you want a bit more from that 3.3 I would suggest a losi 3.4 carb ,do that and hold on lol.

Is there any special mods with the losi carb? If it makes that big of a difference I will spend the $40.

Is there any special mods with the losi carb? If it makes that big of a difference I will spend the $40.
I think what I have read you may have to sand down the ball on the end of slide. I m going to put mine on tonight. A main sells it with the socket that will screw onto traxxas linkage.

on this jato its the second losi carb I have done ,the first being a 3.3 maxx .on the maxx I had to lightly sand the neck of the carb to get it to fit then a light smear of rtv and I was good to go as it comes with a ball connector and it fits the trx linkages with no problems. the jato on the other hand on didn't have to sand anything the losi carb slid right in and used all the existing hardware and linkages ,did take a bit of fiddling around to get wot but nothing too dramatic. the only traxxas truck its can be a bit tricky to use a losi carb is a revo/slayer due to the mixer arm being the way it is but you can just shim it with washers and Loctite it when you have it set.
what I have found by using this carb is it makes the 3.3 a better engine ,it holds a tune and idles like a champ all day long plus the big side is more power mainly at the top end but there is a small increase in the bottom that combined with a ths exhaust ,I also ditched the botton type air filter for a t maxx 2 stage one ,its a tight fit under te roll bar but its worth the hassle imho.
for initial tune I have found the needle setting are somewhere between the stock losi and stock trx ,once you find the sweet spot you never have to touch them again.

That's awesome. I'm ordering one tonight. Is the supercharger really worth the $150.

Sorry for the bad info, The info I got was off a slayer thread... still have not got mine yet.

losi engine or just the carb?? both will work you just gotta mod a few things to make it fit and you have to run a spring mounted exhaust ,nothing a dremel can't fix I'm running a 3.4 in a revo and its a great little engine .

I got my Losi carb today! I still need a tune session but it is 10 deg f outside... still couldn't resist takin it a spin on the ice!! Idles good no eratic idle.. That is the set up!! REAL DECENT!!