Driveshafts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
A buddy of mine bought a 2.5 tmaxx with a new 3.3 in it and is having problems with snapping driveshaft? What do u recomend to upgrade to? Thanks in advance.

swap out the 2.5 axles for 3.3 axles 3.3 axle carriers and 3.3 a arms that would be a great start.

swap out the 2.5 axles for 3.3 axles 3.3 axle carriers and 3.3 a arms that would be a great start.

ditto on that, the 3.3 just has to much torque for the 2.5 stock stuff.

all so the serface can can through the truck up and the tires will speed up and when it comes down shocks the drive train, breaking parts. i have just wiped out two trans in my jato on a surface with a bump causing the trans failure.

just losen up the slipper clutch so it will give there instead od snaping off a shaft

O i for got i had moded the slipper to be locked and not slip. DO NOT DO THAT. the factory knows that the slipper clutch is needed. DA.

lol that would do it not slipping has to give somewhere lol why not a drive shaft

ok thanks. I just didnt know if there was a difference in driveshafts between the 2.5 and the 3.3. Didnt know if there was a metal upgrade that would be better.Oh and good thinkin on the slipper clutch, didnt even think of that.

the 3.3 have more splines in them and are bigger Phins Fan is right they would be best but the 3.3 are just cheaper

oh. that makes perfect since.Not to sound to stupid but MIP is ?

Back