drill out tuned pipe?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorcycleman1

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm running a tuned pipe if i drill out hole bigger will it give me more power ? i am sure it will be louder. i drilled out my revo 3.3 a while back and can't really tell if its faster i dont want to make it slower

from what I have read its meat to but I'm yet to notice any real improvments
what pipe ya running?? if you have the stock plastic tuned pipe id suggest a resonator from one of those ebay chop shops
or save the hassle and get a ths system or go all out and get an ercm pipe and never look back

tmaxx and revo both have tuned resonators dont get me wrong i drilled the pipe on the revo 3.3 it is a screamin demon. and the big chrome resonator on the tmaxx has a thicker wall on the pipe and i could drill it alot so i thought i would ask i would hate to slow it down.. for a 2.5r its pretty strong. i just wonder if its better why didnt traxxas do it ?

I've drilled out a couple of traxxas stingers before and had a noticeable difference in performance. I had to drill the polished pipe out on my tmaxx with the picco on it so it would relieve some of the back pressure and it helped a good bit but i eventually just went with a bb ths manifold and pipe and that fixed my carb slide leak from too much back pressure.

so if I'm going to upgrade the engine i would need to drill it out anyway ill go ahead and drill it thanks for the help

Depends on the engine. If you go with a picco .26 they run best with a bb system. The stock small block pipe will cause it to leak fuel around the carb slide due to the back pressure.

i had a stock 3.3 with a stock pipe .198" dia inside. i opened it to .218" dia. seamed to run better. but dont drill in one step, use 2-3 steps to get to the big dia. i would not want to go any bigger, cause the O.D. is .313" that only gives the wall dia of.050"

i was hoping after the cost of the engine that i could run the pipe i have for a little while until i can come up with cash for a better one . can i do that? i have that big chrome traxxas resonator i have a stock revo 3.3 if i run it on the work bench with no air filter it spits a little fuel out so dose that mean too much back pressure or is that normal

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

what are the signs of the front bearing leaking or for that matter the carb leaking

generally most engines have some reversion that could spit some fuel out the intake. a small amount may not mean anything.. i friend of mine had a road racer with a chevy 427 with injectors. when he went 100 MPH down the straight you could see a mist of fuel at half the length of the injector stack, above each injector stack. REVERSION. but on R/C engines iam not real good on. but i know my friends here are.

makes since just wondering thanks

Back