Drift????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revo_rob_1984

OverMedicated
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Anyone here into R/C Drifting?..
I just purchased a 3Racing Sakura D3 CS drift car, and i was just curious if anyone else is into it as much as i am?

Wow, I'm jelly of the Sakura, congrats Rob! I've always wanted to get into it, love watching D1 on TV. But like most other rigs, I think it would be more fun having someone to run with. Besides, how are you supposed to do tsuiso by yourself? :D

Sent

I've been looking into getting one since last April, when I seen a couple guys drifting in a jasper parking lot.

With the right tires, and a suspension adjustment I bet I could drift my FLM savage...lol!

Last edited:
Mine is still in the box, waiting for my body, power system and servo to come in

I'm interested in it, but don't know where to start. I have tc3 sitting collecting dust that I have set up for vta racing that I'm thinking of turning into a drifter. I just don't know where to start or if it's even possible with that chassis. I was racing it but the track is an hour away and I didn't have the time, and I found that racing was cliquey (if that's a word) one group didn't like the other and it seemed only a few who stayed mutual would help me out. It got even worse at trophy races, I've heard threats being spoken. So as fun as racing was that kind of ruined it for me.

Is a 21.5t motor with spec esc good to use? I know I'd need new tires. Anything else you could think of? Or even any sites dedicated to strictly drifting.

that particular car would run in the 50/50 class of drifting, 21.5 would be fine its just a little overboard. drifting isn't about speed by any means, its all about control, angle and style

Last edited:
Yeah I figured the 21.5 might be a little too much, but now I'm seeing guys running 9t brushless motors on some forum's.

I love taking my e-lst2 to the local a gym at a local sports complex, and drifting. You can turn almost anything into a drifter just change tires, suspension, and watch your throttle control. When I drift on the LST2 I the current limiter at about 50%.

^^ now your talking!, there should be modified monster truck drifting, imagine the set up people would come up with.

My mini wiener dog was pretty good at drifting, all 4 paws would just slide across the wood floor.

I have a drift setup for my MERV :D

I've been going down to one of the gymnasiums so I can drift on the gym floor.....I'm using the dirt hawgs, and road rage just as is, the flood is smooth enough I get the desired effect.

flood= floor.

Last edited:
I've been going down to one of the gymnasiums so I can drift on the gym floor.....I'm using the dirt hawgs, and road rage just as is, the flood is smooth enough I get the desired effect.

You've got mad skills if you can drift while hydroplaning across a flooded gym. :first_place:

PVC tires are where it's at for drifting, here are mine for the MERV

P1120426Medium_zps044cde36.jpg

I've seen that same set up on the YouTube. It was on a savage though.

+1 on the RPM colour choice, I also grabbed a red set to mix and match with my black set later on down the road

**who makes that wheelie bar?**

Last edited:
Lol i go to this rc meet once a mount and theres this guy that put pvc on his tires and drifts.
Hes got a hpi apache or what ever its called. Really cool

thats a pretty sick setup on the merv, i wanna do something like that with my 1/10 erevo but i couldn't imagine that big ole lunker sliding at me at 40mph lol

There's tmaxx vids on YouTube drifting lol may try it myself