Drift MERV

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPIguy

Durability Tester
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
So, had to try this out on the hardwood to make sure it worked :hehe: All you need is a spare set of factory MERV wheels, some gorilla tape around the wheels (sticky side down so you can always re-use them again when your "drift" tires wear out), and some 2" PVC couplers from sLowes with the flange ground out with a dremel. Simply press the pipe couplers onto the wheels, then lay them down onto a flat surface and press with either the outside or inside facing down so they all end up even nice and flush so they run true, and voila`, drift MERV! Can't wait to get it out on the pavement.

P1120426Medium_zps044cde36.jpg

Ha.......thats cool, I miss my MERV, went crazy and sold it o_O

Nice! Prolly doesn't go anywhere with all that power lol.

Ha.......thats cool, I miss my MERV, went crazy and sold it o_O

Still my favorite ground rig Patrick!

Nice! Prolly doesn't go anywhere with all that power lol.

Actually you'd be surprised how much speed you can build up with good throttle control before sliding into something. :D

I really need to get another Merv, I too made the dumb mistake of selling mine, such bad ass rigs.

Hey HPIguy, not to be a spoil sport but I've been shopping for drift tires for my MERV and alot of them are 2.5" tall, also I've found these:http://www.nitrorcx.com/41p-wheel-light-metal-mix.html

I've already ordered up my sets. There going on a slash that's gonna be mine within the next few days. Yup cousin didn't want it after he busted up the front a-arms, and destroyed the body. so I got it for $80...it's gonna be my drift slash.

Back