Drift car?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8z2luze

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
What good RTR drift cars are out now? I have been out of the loop for awhile and my buddy wants to get one. Thanks guys.

hpi has a few good ones

I think the Drift-R is basically XXX-S converted for drifting. The XXX-S is good for drifting. The only RTR kit (Or ARTR) I would buy would be a Yokomo Drift Kit.

Ya but it's pretty hard to find parts for the yokomo cars since yokomo usa went out of business. One of my friends thats getting the drift-r has a yokomo and thats why he is switching cause we can't find the part he needs. Its like part of the cvd or something thats broke.

Yeah that's true. HPI also has drift cars, you may want to look at those. Almost all LHS's have parts for HPI's.

The E10 has the same layout as a TT01 but with the servo sideways. It probably performs somewhat the same. If you really are looking at an E10 the TT01 would be better IMO.

The only HPI drifter that has me is the Pro-D. That thing is sick!

Well he ended up buying the sprint 2 sport and put pvc tires on it instead after I told him not to. It does ok but it still isnt as good as the drift r would have been i bet.

Probably. The Sprint 2 should do fine when setup correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is a belt drive right? If so, I would give it more of a drift feel and do a countersteer mod to it. Doesn't cost much either. Just need a bigger pulley and that's it.

Yes its belt driven. So is mine. Looks like the only difference between the sport and drift sprint 2 is tires. I dont know what you mean by a countersteer mod...

It's when the rear tires turn faster than the front. This gives it much more of a drift feel.

Seems like that would make it spin out easier?

Basically. That's why it's called countersteer. As you drift the rear will spin much more, causing you to have to counter-steer the other way to maintain the drift. This will give you a much more realistic drift feel, correct control of throttling, and longer, maintained, and smoother drifts.