Downloading Music

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I just upgraded to WMP 11 last night, and started wandering around music stores.
I need all the info you can give me. MP3? Ipod? What do I need? I found anything from 27 to 99 cents a song. Any suggestions? No peer to peer sites.

I want to burn onto CD, so is there some particular format I should look for to get the best quality?

Thanks for those links, I've checked them both out.

Rolex,

Every MP3 I have has been encoded at 192kbs, when I convert these to CD's they sound perfect.

-Michael

Yeah, the link I posted gives you the option of downloading CD quality or not. Everything I've downloaded from that site I've been able to burn with no problems.

Excellent. I've bookmarked both sites, but I've been on 'Urge' which gives a two week trial of unlimited downloads. 128 kbps.
I will have to check and compare to 192.

Well, I'll be going with WoodiE's and FastEddy's links. I downloaded 80 songs yesterday, it turned out they were 128 kbps, sounded ok, but not perfect.
Problem was, when I tried to set up a folder of the ones I wanted to burn, it couldn't be done unless I paid for each song. Nothing is free, but I have a good supply in the comp I can still listen to.
Now I have to download them again, from the other sites.

I've been using iTunes for a few years now and really like the ease of use and the integration of the iPod. The songs that are on the site are .99 each with DRM and 1.29 without DRM. The non-DRM songs are double the bitrate of the DRM songs. The only drawback is that Apple uses a proprietary format that most MP3 players.

I guess .99 a song is for CD quality, and 1.29, is without copywrite protection, right? 128kb was decent, so I'm sure 192 should be just fine, especially at .14 or .33 each.
I'm presently waiting for Email validation to charge up my account.

Unbelievable. I've been waiting several hours for an Email to validate my registration. I tried to charge my account, but was taken to a Russian page. It would not go to English no matter how many times I clicked Eng, or refreshed the page. It was the right page for credit card info, but in Russian. Not the place to try to learn a new language.
Well, I got frustrated and decided to sign up on the other link I got here. When I clicked to register, I was taken to a Russian page. Same thing.
Obviously the same company or server.

watch out they might scam your card and take you for a long ride
i go on craigslist and buy used cds for 1-2 dollars each load it on my computer and resale them its way cheaper and best sound a buck a song is crazy....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still waiting for a validation Email, 24 hours later. I just Emailed them to tell them the problems I have with them, and that I would not trust them with my Credit card info.
I'll be looking at other sites, now.

Be Careful Rolex....the music dload business is a cesspool of sleazy folks...

I suggest trusted sites only ....and I would stick to no more that two.....that way there is no confusion come credit card billing time...easy to sort out what you bought from where.

We use I-Tunes......its simple ....trusted....and always growing in songs.

My two cents

Talon

I'll be checking out E-tunes next.
There's a reason I said no peer to peer sites, even with extreme protection on my computers. I won't even visit them.