Double pipes.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitronaut

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm upgrading my t maxx .15 into a 3.3 and I just bought an rd logistics dual pipe. I've been reading up on them and the consesus seems to be that they're crap. Any thoughts or opinions?

I don't think they would provide enough back pressure because of the extra stinger and might run the engine a bit hot as a result

My thoughts are ebay the pipe before you use it and cut your losses.

there not crap. they are loud, and more power. you can make them quieter but you lose power.

I guess it depends on model. I tried one on a Savage with an OS .30 and it wouldn't run. Didn't make enough back pressure to pump fuel from the tank. A guy at TPA hobbies in Hollister, MO runs one on his T-Maxx 3.3 and swears it's great.

I ran the dual on a T-Maxx with a OS .18TM and it ran like crap....super lean due to bad fuel flow. Ran hot tuned bad just all around crap performance. I plugged one of the holes and it was....ehhh ok. Personally I would get the THS T-Maxx pipe. That is what I did before I did a BB conversion. They are about the same price and run WAY better. I would not put the RD Logics pipe on my engine again if it was given to me. They Look cool but that is where the cool factor runs out.

Thanks for the input guys, I'm trying to sell them but if I can't what do you think about rigging them to end of a tuned pipe?

Thanks for the input guys, I'm trying to sell them but if I can't what do you think about rigging them to end of a tuned pipe?

That will probably just be a time waster for you. Would they be functional or dead?

I've been looking at them. Want to make a truck body and mount it in front of the engine to produce dual smoke stacks by placing metal pipes as the stacks. Just a design in my head thus far.

They'd be functional, or like chief geek was saying rig the up to be smoke stacks. Thatd be cool.

Back