Does tuned pipe outlet dia. make a difference?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedfire159

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was looking for a aftermarket tuned pipe for my car and notice different outlet sizes. What will give the most power and best sound? Or is it like a automobile smaller more hp, bigger better sound? I have a .18 motor and want it to still be able to breathe right, but i saw sizes from .20" to .35" and what are the differences, and what would be best for my size engine?

A smaller diameter will keep torque down low, a larger diameter will give more top end breathing.

I hate to disagree but an engine has more exhaust pressure at lower rpm then it does at higher rpm. A larger stinger will cause lean issues at high rpm when tuned for bottom end or it will run rich in the bottom when properly tuned for top rpm. I have designed a small block pipe that will give you the best of both worlds which will work great from low to top rpm without having any lean or rich tuning issues.

Very True, the pipe itself makes a difference, but the stinger diameter (whether too large or too small) will kill your tune. Trust me on this one, The Extreme RC Mods pipe is probably the best out there.

I looked at them last night, I may have to save up for one. I'm a low budget r/c guy. I mean I ran my car stock for the past 3 years, and now my first aftermarket upgrade is gonna be an exhaust pipe. Thanks for the advice!

no prob, trust me, they are worth the money.