Does anyone know what the little metal bushing is for

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage_man

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey, I have and ss 4.6 kit. The kit is fairly easy to understand, truck is ready to run almost. Have a brass thick bushing, 5mm x 11mm x 4mm, number is B072. It is in the parts inventory layout at the beggining of the book. I have the bushing. There is no mention of it anywhere else in the manual. Where does it go?? Thanks

Goes in the clutch bell. Use a bearing instead.

Hey, thanks, I did use the bearings, and I noticed it fit on the shaft too. Thanks, it was worring me that I had missed something.

Whats the difference...

What does the bearing do more than the bushing do?? And do the bearing fit on the f4.1 shaft?? Thanks!!

It rubs, the bearing spins and does not rub. BUt, I expect the weight of the brass bushing adds some dampening and ballance to the housing of the clutch. Probably not so significant though, as it works fine with the bearing right?

On most 1/8 scale rigs you'll find that there are bearings used in the clutch assembly and not bushings. They have less drag than bushings but do require occasional maintenance. Keep about 1mm of play on the end of the clutch screw and the clutchbell bearing, otherwise you'll toast your bearings in no time.

bearings size?

:D The bearing gotta be 5x10x3 like the brass washer for the f4.1 right??

Last edited:
Back