do not buy batteries from mybatterysupply.com

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage_man

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I purchased some batteries from mybatterysupply.com. They were supposed to be for my rc car. 4200 mAh 7.2 volt with tamyia connectors. 4 of them and they were about 110. Not cheap price, but I figured it would be worth it. They sent me the wrong batteries. I got same voltage and capacity, but diffent shape. I emailed them and they said I would have to just return them, I could not exchange them. SO, I go to the returns and there is a 20% restocking fee. I email back and ask if this is the case, as I got the wrong batteries and I just want to exchange them. Yup. you blew it by shopping with us, I guess they were trying to say. So, I emailed back and said you just lost a cutomer. Ok, now I figure, maybe these will fit if I jam them in, just a little. They are almost the same shape. I need the 2 stacks of 3, but got the 6 side by side. So I am just prying the cover off the side of the e-Savage and barely pushing the batteries and they come apart. No shrink wrap, just some lame hot glue that did not even bond at all to the slippery plastic covers on the batteries. Anyways, I slightly bent the rest of them and they just came apart. One of them even had a tab hitting the ground right by the pos terimial. I swear, what a crappy job. And this is what they do for a living. SO, I just took them all apart, soldered them into the right configuration and then JB welded them together, then used shrink tube on it. Now they are properly assembled. What a terrible company, do not buy anything from mybatterysupply.com

wow..thats pretty bad, thanks for the advice.

I guess next time you will just by loose cells and build your own packs since you obviously know how.

Thanks for that post, Savage_Man. Every now and then, mistakes are made, but the companies make good on them.
When something like this happens, it's a good thing to post it, so other members will not have problems with this company. That's not only shoddy workmanship by them, but also a very poor attitude when it comes to customer satisfaction.

I will put them on my "do not buy from list"

Good luck everyone with your cells. I did buy a bunch of loose sells and some 4500 packs off of allbattery.com. The store is not so cheap, but he sells on ebay for some very good prices. I got 4 4500mAh sticks, with deans, and nice endcaps for under 100 bucks, they are 42 amp drain. Way more than enough for a stock e-savage. Later