Do any of you race a stock MAXX?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savage24x

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What did you all do to a race truck? I gotta drop $200 on transponders and I'm sure I need something else other than tires which I have.

Before you go dropping a lot of coin to race a maxx, what are you racing against???
If your racing other maxx’s its fun, otherwise it takes a lot of coin/time to make a maxx competitive on a track against most other rc’s.

Before you go dropping a lot of coin to race a maxx, what are you racing against???

If your racing other maxx’s its fun, otherwise it takes a lot of coin/time to make a maxx competitive on a track against most other rc’s.

Monster truck class. MGT, savage, stuff like that. Revo is going to kick my ass though.

Monster truck class. MGT, savage, stuff like that. Revo is going to kick my ass though.

In stock form the Maxx doesn't have a chance against the MGT I can tell you that. If you do some gearing and a good set of track tires the MGT will stay with a revo with ease. You can get a maxx to hang man but it does take more time work and money to get it to do so. And a stock maxx will straight up smoke a stock savage on the track.

In stock form the Maxx doesn't have a chance against the MGT I can tell you that. If you do some gearing and a good set of track tires the MGT will stay with a revo with ease. You can get a maxx to hang man but it does take more time work and money to get it to do so. And a stock maxx will straight up smoke a stock savage on the track.

I'm not really looking to be too competitive since the maxx is my dad's and the savage is mine. We both share the maxx because I do all the work on it. I'll be racing my truggy and buggy before anything else. Savage is being sold now.

Back