DIY: LED lights

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougc

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Right now we are transforming some tc4's(3) into a special project( more info in the future) We have composed a guide on how to make LED body lights. This could be applyed for headlights with just a few mods.
Well here it is:

:bling: http://phatlip.net/diyled.html :bling:

Christmas Tree is what comes to my mind. Cool is their any pics of it running on a track.

No pics of it running yet. The TC's are in a makeover process, the lights are just a taste of what we're doing to them.

I guess those run on a diffeent battery pack than the others?

bustedgears said:
I guess those run on a diffeent battery pack than the others?

I am not sure what you mean but, the car it self runs on it own battery, the bodylight kit has its own 9v battery and the headlights have their own battery.

yea and anyway leds dont use alot of electricity at all in the first place

dougc said:
I am not sure what you mean but, the car it self runs on it own battery, the bodylight kit has its own 9v battery and the headlights have their own battery.

Why not run it off the main 7.2V pack? Just have to figure out the right resistor value, which isn't too hard. I did that on my E-Maxx for headlights, which is shown here (please excuse the crappy site... It's several years old and never got looked at again. I had to google to find it.).

if you get an R/c switch (RAM makes one) you will be able to turn the light on and off with your transmitter if you have a spare channel

supercharged said:
if you get an R/c switch (RAM makes one) you will be able to turn the light on and off with your transmitter if you have a spare channel

Or get a 3rd sevo and regular switch?

a servo would use more power from the reciever pack than the r/c switch

Back