Diffrential blown

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homie

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I had nitro spur gears stripped got electric car drive it for few hours diffrential got blown

Is it bad to gun the car then break. I drive like that all time is thAt bad for car. Are u supposed to ease into the throttle or are they designed to be driven rough. I have rs4 Evo nitro. And the electric Hpi sprint

I dont think it is bad i do it with my slash all the time and it doesn't have any problems.

I had nitro spur gears stripped got electric car drive it for few hours diffrential got blown

Is it bad to gun the car then break. I drive like that all time is thAt bad for car. Are u supposed to ease into the throttle or are they designed to be driven rough. I have rs4 Evo nitro. And the electric Hpi sprint

Well IMO it's not good practice to go WOT then Jam on the Brakes over time your Transmission & Driveline & Clutch are going to take a beating.. & your just going to keep repairing part's.. Let your Car coast to a stop then into Reverse your Tranny & driveline will thank you...

So from me driving it rough it can ruin gear after like 4 hours of doing that makinf gear completley stripped? Because it was brand new and only did that for 4 hours. I stripped off the groves on front 2 tires lol

So from me driving it rough it can ruin gear after like 4 hours of doing that makinf gear completley stripped? Because it was brand new and only did that for 4 hours. I stripped off the groves on front 2 tires lol

Homie : You will keep stripping Gears & putting stress on your car
IMO: Touring Car's "no matter if it's Nitro or Electric" are built for Speed / Performance / Racing / Drifting / I own a Traxxas 4-Tech 3.3 To drive a car Rough like you do your going to keep putting Gear's in the Ride & if you don't mind tearing the car down all the time to replace gears "Than have @ it" But I would say keep pleanty of gears / clutches / on hand for replacement & I would ease up just a tad like I said your tranny & driveline will thank you.

Loosen your slippers a little bit. Give the shock somewhere to go.

i can't see how slamming on the brakes while going full throttle will damage the driveline, unless it can stop on a dime, when i brake it rolls for a few feet coming to a stop there is no shock. Set the brake rate if you have 2.4 Rx.

It is bad for the motor though, check the temp while driving wot, without using the brakes, just rolling to a stop.
Then check the temps again going wot and braking all the time. This will be alot higher and more demanding on the batteries/esc.