Difficult to start classic maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conduitjock

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi I recently bought a classic .15 maxx and am having a hard time starting it. When I try to start it I can't prime the engine enough to start it. I have to pour nitro in the carb to get it to fire up. I sealed the engine when i got it, and I cleaned the carb and tuned it. I performed a pinch test and get a solid 3 seconds out of it, so i think lsn is good. It runs too good ( for a puny
.15 lol) to have hsn troubles imo. Does any one have any ideas? I would like to start it with out having to take the body off.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

I apologize for double posting it looked like my first attempt didn't take so I reposted and realized what I did. noobie mistake.

Already changed it two days ago.

did you try to take the fuel lines off and either replace them or blow them out with an air gun, is the gas tank dirty on the inside?

i second using the glow igniter, for some reason sometime my truck wont start with the ez start and when i use the glow igniter it starts right up, i haven't looked too much into it yet

I had the same problem with mine. Something in the ez start system went bad. Had to buy a plug warmer. Mine also has a problem with priming, have to blow on the line off the exhaust, after that she fires right up, well before the connecting rod massacre anyways.