Differentials

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

White_Snake

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Savage XL:
Should they be "locking" or "limited slip".

Reason i am asking, is every time i get up on two wheels, the engine revs, the wheels in the air just spin and the truck slows down.

I would like it so all the power is going to ALL the wheels ALL of the time.

Is this possible?

They are limited slip. You can put a locker in them but forget using it on pavement then, your turning radius will suffer, and you will put a lot more stress on the rest of the drivetrain. You would be better off just going with a much thicker diff oil as opposed to going to a locker.

They are limited slip. You can put a locker in them but forget using it on pavement then, your turning radius will suffer, and you will put a lot more stress on the rest of the drivetrain. You would be better off just going with a much thicker diff oil as opposed to going to a locker.

Oil?

Is it not just grease in it?

When i take the bottom skid plate off, i can see the gears, and just looks to be grease....

The grease you are seeing is just for the ring and pinion gear. Inside the housing that the ring gear is attached to, the diff cup, there are 4 spider gears and oil, the heavier the oil you use the less slip you will get when one of the wheels lose contact with the ground.

The grease you are seeing is just for the ring and pinion gear. Inside the housing that the ring gear is attached to, the diff cup, there are 4 spider gears and oil, the heavier the oil you use the less slip you will get when one of the wheels lose contact with the ground.

Right on!
Ok, What is regular oil?

Say i put some 80W90 Gear oil?
:D

Back