Diff oil fill level and other questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig911

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys

so i'm doing some maintenance well slowly doing it anyway i'm getting ready to change out my diff oil again and it just came to mind how much do you guys put in

I always fill or almost fill the diffs but would i be better quarter or only half filling them.

I have also decided to change back to the X chassis over the XL one so i can wheelie again and picked up a .32 ofna engine

so on to the questions,

1 - How full should the diff be? i will be using silicon oil again 300,000cst for posi traction on the rear 30.000cst in the front, I'm thinking I'm over filling and it needs to only be half but want to be sure

2 - How can i remove the play in the steering, its after the servo, seems to be the servo saver? i tried an aluminium one without a spring but its still there (i can live with it just annoying to get the wheels setup and have it move off centre)

3 - Any one have base settings for the 3 speed, how many turns out or in from flush on each gear the info i used before doesn't feel right and i want to try from what should work from a stock set up likely a 47/17 or 47/19 ratio

Thanks in advance

To answer the first one, it’s as much as you can without over filling it. To get play out of steering, it’s generally due to the whole bellcrank (which means everything) just having bad tolerances. For the transmission, I don’t know.

sorry for the slow reply thanks for the info guy's

to the top of the X in the diff feels like the perfect amount

Back