Diff lube ???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just got a pair of used diffs for a T I am building . I took them apart and the gears are in great shape. I want to clean them up and repack them and was wondering what the best grease to use would be. Thanks

You can use any RC gear grease that you like. In the past I have used white lithium grease as well as auto bearing grease, all have worked well.

On the rear, you can use a heavy grease to help lock the differential without spooling it.
30,000-50,000 wt Ofna transfer case grease works well. I use the heaviest I can find.

Pack the spider gear case as full as you can get it, and a good thick coating on the others.

Don’t forget to replace the bearings while it’s apart.

White lithium works very well. You are better off getting it from either an Auto store or even a hardware store. It can be VERY pricey at an LHS. Especially if you pack all of it.

Originally posted by FastEddy

Don’t forget to replace the bearings while it’s apart.

Definately, I already had planned on that. I like the idea about heavy grease in the rear diff, to tighten it up without spooling it. Thanks guys.

Back