did i get a good price on these parts for my maxx??

• Thread starter TAKE/it/TO/the/MAXX
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TAKE/it/TO/the/MAXX

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
after some ebay surfing i came away with

12 tmaxx stock wheels rim tire and foam brand new never ran
for 30$ buy now with 11$ shipping 41$ total

and from same seller

1 radio 1 recieiver 1 throttle servo 8 stock springs 4 stock wheels tire rim foam all new from t maxx never ran
for 40$ buy now and 9$ shipping 49$ total

do you think those are good prices?

Since I know the seller and can vouch for the material, yes. I'm going to talk to the fellow tomorrow and ask him why he sold me my set of tires (4 vice 12) for not quite as nice a price...of course I live not too far from his store and did not have to pay shipping.

For reference, the stock tires usually run $63 +tax + shipping for a set of four brand new.

For reference, the TQ-3 and receiver alone run about $75 brand new.

well i got all 12 for 30 and i couldnt understand cazz one had just ended for 12 for 51$ he starts them at 00.1 cent nr and 30 buy i guess people bid then it goes for more

how many tires did u buy

or

and what did u pay? if u dont mind me asking

cazz his buy for 4 is 20$ and they go for 15-25 when people bid it

his buy for 12 is 30$ and if people bid they go for 40-55

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
Since I know the seller and can vouch for the material, yes. I'm going to talk to the fellow tomorrow and ask him why he sold me my set of tires (4 vice 12) for not quite as nice a price...of course I live not too far from his store and did not have to pay shipping.

For reference, the stock tires usually run $63 +tax + shipping for a set of four brand new.

For reference, the TQ-3 and receiver alone run about $75 brand new.

63$ for only 4 wow
then 12 for for 41 shipped is alot better then i was thinking

sounds like a good deal to me, what makes you question it?

I bought a set of four at the LHS for $20+tax

The story behind the deal is pretty simple. The Federal Government contracted with a few hobby shops to refit several thousand E-Maxx for some special projects. They removed the stock wheels and replaced them with JumboKong sized tires. They removed the stock radio equipment, suspension, shell, and tranny and replaced them with other things.

So they have thousands of the wheels, shells and other parts to get rid of. Basically new in box style without the box.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
I bought a set of four at the LHS for $20+tax

The story behind the deal is pretty simple. The Federal Government contracted with a few hobby shops to refit several thousand E-Maxx for some special projects. They removed the stock wheels and replaced them with JumboKong sized tires. They removed the stock radio equipment, suspension, shell, and tranny and replaced them with other things.

So they have thousands of the wheels, shells and other parts to get rid of. Basically new in box style without the box.

whats the government doing with them?

20 is what he sels 4 of them 4
to get the better deal u got to get the 12 for 30$

also i questioned it cazz i wasn't sure how much they were new at a hobby shop

I spoke with him today. Turns out he is selling them at a slightly higher price locally to hopefully get the same on eBay. As for what the government is doing with them...one can only guess, but I am putting money on a remote surveillance or demolition tool. Strap on a camera system and go spy or strap on a bomb and go blow something up.

Makes no difference, the parts are still new and still inexpensive.

huh interesting

well good stuff at a good price