Did a little work to the MAXX

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshman1204

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I got this maxx off of craigslist and really dont plan on doing much with it as I am kinda committed to my revo and savage at the moment but I did give it a few minor upgrades.

I installed RPM true-track in the rear and rpm arms up front, THS racing pipe, Motorsaver filter, and a traxxas 2.4 receiver.

Here are a few pics ... I know it is dirty as crap but this is strictly a basher and will prolly never be cleaned.

2012-09-01_14-57-54_961.jpg

2012-09-01_14-58-05_716.jpg

2012-09-01_14-58-10_596.jpg

yea this is my 3rd rig with the THS and motorsaver combo and it really does a ton to wake these mills up and also makes them hold a tune much better than stock. Gonna experiment with the losi carb next.

dont for get, when you shut it off for the day. pull the air cleaner off, drop some marvel mystery oil in the intake and spin it over to lube the inside, so it wont rust.

dont for get, when you shut it off for the day. pull the air cleaner off, drop some marvel mystery oil in the intake and spin it over to lube the inside, so it wont rust.

I use a few drops of after run oil in the carb neck and pull the glow plug and drop a few drops in the cylinder. I only do this if they arent going to be run for awhile. This rig is going to get the crap beat out of it tomorrow so I just shut it off and threw it on the shelf.

Back