D.u.i.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lessen

Super Awesome!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
to all of my artist buddies... Do any of you guys feel like you do better work when you are Drawing Under the Influence?

Actually, it's not the drawing part for me (I just used that to make the pun), but rather cutting mask. I swear up and down I can't cut a long straight line unless I've had half a beer. Same thing when I'm doing fine shadowing work with the airbrush. I'm sitting here working on cutting mask with a Cherry 7up by my side and I'm pissing myself off because my mind is just flooded and I feel like I can't focus without that drink.

sounds logical, a little alcohol would calm you down a little and minimize hand shaking. OR it could be all in your head!! :D

same with caffiene. right before i go shoot, if i drink a diet coke i shoot better than i could without drinking anything

omg, I think caffeine would probably make it worse for me. If I have 2 cups of coffe within too short of a time frame at work I notice my hand get's shaky when I write. Caffeine, no good for this painter.

Good old rockStars for me before i do any mask cutting or paint work :)

I've lost all patience with painting, taping, and spraying since I've stopped drinking. When I first started painting cars about 10 years ago, I would tape them off in the morning and do all my spraying after a liquid lunch. It's not a good reason for me to drink again but I have noticed the lack of patience and steady hand.

Back