CVEC Pipe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toscano1

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Any one have any good reviews of this product ??

They are over-rated. Over time the expansion chamber will become all gummed up with nitro exhaust sludge, that it will stop expanding. You can find a better pipe out there.

Ya know I've always wondered about CVEC pipes. They're expensive as crap so I never picked one up to test out. So they're definately not worth the money?

I'm not worried about the money factor. I'm looking for a pipe that will increase my trucks performance ( SS .26 Picco)throughout the power band. Relativly new to hobbie, what pipe would be the best. MY LHS tells me the CVEC is the best out there.

I'm pretty new to the hobby too toscano. I got 2 of those engines in my project truck (not yet running) but I know from browsing the forum that those engines are tuned for low end power. You might want to go for a pipe that it designed to free up power in the low rpm range. otherwise, you might be wasting availible torque and not gaining as much power in the upper rpm's as you'd like. But I'm pretty new too so check around, I'm waiting on this particular pipe to hit the market.. heard pretty good stuff about te company....
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHEC4&P=7

I have talked to 3 diff hobby shops and they all SWEAR that the CVEC is the best pipe on the market. I've mentioned that I've heard about them getting clogged and gummed up but they have all said that they never experienced it themselves. All three shops I talked to sold the pipe for $75 so I have not bought one to try myself. I can only go by what I've been told.

I've also heard that the THS and RDLogics pipes are just as good if not better.... so... take what i say with a grain of salt.... just trying to give different opinions.

I think you are going to find split views (50/50) on this question. Here are a couple of links you can read that might help you decide your answer.

Review of CVEC on T-Maxx w/ videos:
http://www.maxxskunkworks.com/ModsCVEC.htm

Discussion on WildHobbies:
http://www.wildhobbies.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2766

I still don't care for them. The best way it ran for me was to take the plunger & spring out of the expansion chamber. This basically turned the pipe into a Dual Chamber pipe.

Later....:mex:

I run this pipe on my rc10gt.I really dont know how well it performs over other pipes because i have never ran any other pipe on it.I have been runing it for about a year and it has never got stuck or gummed up.It works fine.

Just bought the CVec will let you guys know how it works....