CVEC Manifold

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alein

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I would like to know if it's any good as a big bore tube. I know it makes the exhaust exit out the back. Which will help keep the oil from getting on the under carriage. But I want to know if it will help performance as it will be set-up with the Traxxas Tune Pipe.

Any help on this topic is appreciated.

Thanx in advance
Alein

The Traxxas tuned pipe is nothing to write home about. The only thing about running your exhaust that they don't tell you when you buy their pipes for running out the back is that it's not hard to get your pipe loaded up which causes your engine to bog down.

Correction, can cause your engine to bog down, not necessarily will unfailingly make it bog down.

Alein, I have the CVEC rear exhaust manifold with the CVEC pipe too. I like the combo. It does give more power over the stock exhaust, but it ain't cheap. I don't really think it's worth the money the set up costs though. If I had it to do over again, I would probably go with a NJ Big tube header and an Associated pipe. (And I would have about 60-70 more dollars in my pocket!)

I dont know I like the cvec rear header, the exhaust flang can use some grinding but other then that its worked well for me.

Hunter, I agree, it does work well for me as well. All I said is that for the price, I don't think it's worth it. I love the fact that my truck is not drenched in fuel at the end of the day. I also like the looks of it. But, it is somewhat high priced for a header.

Thanx for the replies Guys. It is expensive but price is not an issue. I like that it would help keep the truck clean. It has to be better then the stock header, as this one is small compared to the Big Bore Headers. It is more of how much performance gain is it over the stock header or against other headers that are on the market.

You might want to think about going with the Duratrax BTH, and the AE pipe, I am using it on my CVX .15 and it is great for low end power, I also use a silicone exhaust deflector that pushes on to the stinger and it blows the oil down towards the ground, it has kept my truck much cleaner. I had a NJBT header and it had great power but it rubbed the shock and a arm so thats why I replaced it with the Duratrax, not to mention the fact the NJ Hobby Shop has started using a different manufacturer for their headers and the quality has dropped substantially. Just a few things to think about.

The cvec header will give better performance then the stock header, but if you port match the stock header its not to bad.

Back